Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newspaper template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. So far, we have the theme integrated with bbPress Forum, BuddyPress, Buddy Press, and WooCommerce. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
This is the fastest newspaper theme available. We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at it’s absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compress to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
[Version 7.6 – December 20th, 2016]
misc: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 5.0.1
misc: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version
misc: full compatibility with WordPress 4.7
new: DEMO – Beauty blog – a fresh and simple blog demo. Easy to use and beautifully designed
new: The Plugin Page from where a user installs the included plugins was completely redesigned to be more user friendly.
new: added support for block templates overwritten via the Theme API system in demos. All future demos can now load different block templates if needed.
misc: css fixes in the theme panel and the welcome screen
misc: we finally updated the social icons and we also removed the icons for dead services (picasa, Posterous etc)
misc: the Social Networks panel now checks each input to be correct, this prevents user error and bad URL’s that supposed to go to social networks profiles but instead go to 404 pages on the site
misc: we removed the max-width from srcset on images and the responsive images on mobile now work as expected
misc: translation panel information text
misc: on android, when a user uses the mobile search, it will autofocus on the input field now
fix: password protected comments now work as expected
fix: facebook videos that are in the content of the post now work and resize as expected
fix: font panel css issues
fix: the tag ajax filter now displays the tags in the order of the id’s the user selects. Before it was alphabetically
fix: home breadcrumb does not appear as structured data as required by the google metadata testing tool
fix: smartlists that had image captions with HTML where broken. Now we fixed them.
fix: category sorting options was not working sometimes.
[ Version 7.5 ]
– new: author block – this block shows the author picture, socials and description. All in a nice and customizable design.
– new: image box block – this block is not just a simple image, it can be used to create banners, show featured categories with custom images or just to show some images. It’s auto adjusting and fully customizable.0
– fix: overlapping of Visual Composer and Newspaper tooltips while editing a page after the first install
– improvement: various core code refactoring and optimizations.
– improvement: better theme documentation and better help text in panel
– improvement: added used on for thumbnails in theme panel
– improvement: file path and names are now visible on each module, smart list, template etc on hover
– improvement: breadcrumbs markup, added BreadcrumbList schema
– improvement: in the System status panel, the theme now shows the license key used on the current install and we also have a button to remove the license from the install.
– fix: our blocks sometimes had issues auto adjusting the column count when placed in a inner row that is in a row
– fix: wrong recommended columns in Visual Composer, new users found it difficult to find out on what column layouts our blocks work best
– fix: drag and drop metabox flicker in wp-admin while editing a page
– improvement: system status now checks for mbstring and DOMDocument extension. We use DOMDocument for the new inline ad system.