Newsmag is a modern WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newsmag template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, News mag supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
Version 3.3.1 – January 26th, 2017
fix: We modified the login modal window code to only appear on the page when front page login is enabled. This makes sure that some versions of Chrome browser will not mark the site as Not Secure.
[ Version 3.3 ]
– improvement: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 5.0.1
– improvement: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version
– improvement: full compatibility with WordPress 4.7
– new: The Plugin Page from where a user installs the included plugins was completely redesigned to be more user friendly.
– new: added support for block templates overwritten via the Theme API system in demos. All future demos can now load different block templates if needed.
– new: the select header section was redesigned to use icons instead of just text
– improvement: css fixes in the theme panel and the welcome screen
– improvement: we finally updated the social icons and we also removed the icons for dead services (picasa, Posterous etc)
– improvement: the Social Networks panel now checks each input to be correct, this prevents user error and bad URL’s that supposed to go to social networks profiles but instead go to 404 pages on the site
– improvement: we removed the max-width from srcset on images and the responsive images on mobile now work as expected
– improvement: translation panel information text
– improvement: on android, when a user uses the mobile search, it will autofocus on the input field now
– fix: password protected comments now work as expected
– fix: facebook videos that are in the content of the post now work and resize as expected
– fix: font panel css issues
– fix: the tag ajax filter now displays the tags in the order of the id’s the user selects. Before it was alphabetically
– fix: home breadcrumb does not appear as structured data as required by the google metadata testing tool
– fix: smartlists that had image captions with HTML where broken. Now we fixed them.
– fix: category sorting options was not working sometimes.
[Version 3.2 – October 10th, 2016]
new: added support for design options on most of the blocks. You can now change the padding, margin and border on blocks
new: added support for retina images on our blocks and modules. You can enable them in the panel.
misc: various core code refactoring and optimizations.
misc: better theme documentation and better help text in panel
misc: added used on for thumbnails in theme panel
misc: file path and names are now visible on each module, smart list, template etc on hover
misc: breadcrumbs markup, added BreadcrumbList schema
fix: our blocks sometimes had issues autoadjuting the column count when placed in a inner row that is in a row
fix: on first install the Visual Composer tooltip was appearing over our tooltip and there was no way to close the last remaining open tooltip
fix: wrong recomanded columns in Visual Composer, new users found it dificult to find out on what colum layouts our blocks work best
fix: background ad on tempalte 8
fix: top menu hover and background ad cursor fix bugs
fix: images that have alignnone now work as expected
fix: main menu was loading without css on first load
fix: modal login button css
[ Version 3.1 ]
UPDATE NOTICE: Please note that this version does not work with legacy Visual Composer versions.
– new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.12
– new: login, register and forgot password ajax windows, a complete and more modern redesign.
– new: added support for full height rows, column position and content position on them in Visual Composer.
– new: added support for parallax speed on rows
– new: added support for equal height inner rows and content placement
– new: setting to hide the author name on modules and on single posts independently. Previously there was only one global setting.
– new: Added support for custom fonts in theme panel that are uploaded via the wordpress media gallery. The custom fonts can be used just like before on most of the theme’s UI without writing any code
– new: the weather widget now opens an input if it’s unable to locate the user via the browser’s location API.
– improvement: we fully rewrote the trending now block, it’s now leaner and it works better
– improvement: block parameters now have a better description
– improvement: code improvements to the following shortcodes: td_block_big_grid_slide, td_block_homepage_full_1, td_block_ad_box and the video playlists
– improvement: the media gallery that is used in the theme panel is now less cluttered and without the unused options
– improvement: we cleaned the theme panel and the code is more organized now
– improvement: all the blocks now show a notice to admins on the frontend when there are missing settings that are required.
– improvement: the main theme loader is smoother now and has small design improvements
– improvement: we changed the way templates detect the Visual Composer plugin. The detection method is based on VC_ROW and it only triggers when VC_ROW is found in the content. This allows one to use shortcodes in the default templates that have sidebar + title.
– improvement: added font settings for post lists
– improvement: drop caps font settings issue fix
– improvement: all the advertising blocks now support an ad title
– improvement: various google webmaster structured data issues have been fixed
– improvement: better support for IE8
– fix: category dropdown list with long category titles now works as expected
[ Version 3.0 ]
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update tagDiv Social Counter to the latest version that comes with the theme.
– new: grid system – with this we eliminate all the # in url bugs
– new: Instagram block and widget
– new: Footer Instagram
– new: Weather block and widget
– new: Weather option in top bar
– new: Exchange block and widget
– new: Mobile menu
– new: Search menu on mobiles
– new: Background support for mobile search and menu with parallax
– new: 1 new footer styles
– new: 5 new category templates
– new: 3 one click demos
– new: 10 Social counter styles
– new: Login/register option for mobiles
– new: custom post types now support a global sidebar that can be set from the theme panel
– new: logo in H1 tags
– new: reset button in theme panel. This will bring the theme to the original state
– new: panel for one click demos
– new: enable/disable category pull-down filter option in theme panel
– new: display order for category tags on post pages option in theme panel
– new: Social Counter – version 4.1 – please update your plugin to the latest version
– new: whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
– new: 4 new smart lists(smart list 5, 6, 7 and 8)
– new: 3 new ad spots used for smart lists (smart list 6, 7 and 8)
– new: 1 new ad spot(Footer top)
– new: 4 new top bar layouts
– new: we removed the Smooth scroll option from panel
– new: new look for the main menu sub-menus
– improvement: the theme settings are now only saved once per pageload and only if needed. We use the shutdown action to save them.
– improvement: video playlist block now works with multiple playlists of the same type on one page
– improvement: we audited all the metadata produced by the theme and we improved every aspect of it
– improvement: updated the google fonts list
– improvement: better seo on smartlists
– improvement: the categories that are listed on post pages can now be shown using the WordPress default order. This can be enabled from theme panel.
– improvement: We optimized the queries for all the blocks and widgets that don’t show posts (popular categories, social counter etc…)
– fix: panel got stuck while saving in specific cases, mostly related to categories
– fix: contributor users cannot change the post template now, this is more in line with WordPress
– fix: Security issues
– fix: Infinite pagination on categories did not work with speed booster
– fix: removed no comments message with comments disabled
– fix: infinite loading on categories issue with latest posts when the rest is fewer than the “Blog pages show at most” setting
– fix: footer logo title attribute
– fix: tinyMCE issues with the shortcodes menu (multiple options where selected in specific cases)
Live search with ajax and up down keys
One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations. We hate po mo files 🙂
Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
All the global settings are available in the wordpress theme customizer with live preview
gif animation support – this is a beta feature.
Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the admin panel